September 8, 2009 | 9:00 am - 4:30 pm | San Jose BioCenter
Become more instrumental in your company’s success by understanding the science and technology driving the biotech and pharmaceutical industries. Be more strategic in your relationship-building by knowing who the industry players are and how they interact. Learn from credentialed BioTech Primer instructors that have the skill and experience to teach executives with a wide variety of non-science backgrounds in an engaging environment.
||Tuesday, Sept. 08, 2009
Continental breakfast served at 8:30am.
||The San Jose BioCenter
5941 Optical Court
San Jose, CA 95138
Click here for Venue Directions»
$500 for BioCenter clients
||A reference guide packed with all the slides presented in the class, background scientific information, statistics, and a glossary of terms. Breakfast, lunch and refreshments provided.
Class Topics Include:
What the Heck is Biotech?
Evolution of Biotechnology
Inside the Biotech Industry
Evolution of a Biotech
Global & US Industry
The Cell, DNA &
How the Genome is Studied
Getting a Drug to Market
Drug Discovery Timeline
Rational Drug Discovery
Drug Development Timeline
Generics & Follow-on Biologics
Getting a Diagnostic to Market
What are Diagnostics
How Biotech Impacts Diagnostics
Who Will Benefit
- Professionals from all sectors of the biotech, pharma and life sciences industries, including: sales, marketing, HR, legal, manufacturing, business development, finance, management, government relations, IT, safety, tech transfer
- Policy makers, lobbyists, attorneys
- Venture capitalists, angel investors, banks, analysts, financial managers
- Insurance brokers, real estate professionals
- Consultants, public relations specialists, journalists
- Bioscience association staff, economic development executives
- University administrators, research institute support staff
Classes fill up quick so register today!
Past Class Participants Include:
Amgen, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Alexandria Real Estate, AstraZeneca, BIO, California Healthcare Institute, Chubb Insurance, Deloitte & Touche, Ernst & Young, Genentech, GE Financial, IBM, Invitrogen, Johns Hopkins University, KPMG, RENO Construction, Marsh, MedImmune, Merrill Lynch, Miles & Stockbridge P.C., Millipore, Morrison & Foerster LLP, Novartis, SAS, Stratagene, UCSF