|9:30 AM - 10:00 AM||Registration & Networking
|10:00 AM - 11:00 AM||Presentation & Q&A; |
|11:00 AM - 11:30 PM||BioCenter Tour|
|11:30 PM - 12:00 PM ||Lunch & Networking |
|12:00 PM – 5:00 PM||One-on-one Meetings |
Emerging companies find it increasingly difficult to reach the right person when seeking funding and/or partners. Through the "Meet with…" Series, we provide emerging companies with greater access to partnering and/or financing opportunities.
In this session, senior members from Abbott's team will talk to potential partners or licensees to first explain what they are looking for in collaborations, particularly, to enable preclinical drug discovery (emerging targets/biology, technologies and early stage compounds/antibodies) and diagnostics.
Preclinical Pharmaceutical Interests
- Immunology (rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis)
- Neuroscience (schizophrenia, neurodegenerative diseases)
- Pain (pain associated osteoarthritis, post-operative, neuropathic states and cancer)
- Oncology (novel targets and mechanisms described in brochure)
- Renal Diseases (diabetic nephropathy and chronic kidney disease)
- Enabling Drug Discovery Technologies and Drug Delivery approaches
- Next Generation Sequencing Technology
- Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Technology
- Microfluidics (including immunodiagnostics, Point of Care, Hematology and molecular diagnostic applications)
- Label Free detection based BioSensors for nucleic acid and immunoassay applications
For more detailed information, please see Abbott's brochure
After the presentation, each pre-approved company will be granted a private meeting with individuals from The Abbott Team. This is a great opportunity to showcase your technology and receive feedback regarding a possible partnership with Abbott.
It is free to apply for a One-on-one meeting with Abbott. To apply, please send you executive summary to [email protected].
Application Deadline: November 11, 2011
SPEAKERS AND TOPICS
Dr. Don Halbert– Division VP Abbott Bioresearch, Redwood City Abbott
Dr. Neela Patel– Director,External Research – West Coast Abbott
Dr. Jeff Huff –Director, New Technology Assessment, Diagnostics Abbott
ADDITIONAL ABBOTT ATTENDEES
Murali Gopalakrishnan, Head, Global External Research
Bill Kohlbrenner, Director, Global External Research
Chuck Kunsch, Director, Global External Research (Immunology, Biologics)
Dieter Ziegler, Director, Global External Research (Neuroscience, Renal)
Daryl Sauer, Snr Group Leader, Global External Research (Enabling Technologies)
Nicole Walker, Abbott Biotech Ventures